Are you interested in finance and business and enjoy working with numbers? Good with computers and are a strong problem-solver?
Then you may be a good fit for Job Corps’ Accounting Services training program.
On the job, you will ...
- Utilize bookkeeping software, spreadsheets and databases to enter and record financial transactions, including expenditures, receipts, accounts payable and receivable, and profit and loss
- Use basic math and computer accounting software daily
- Communicate directly with customers and clients
Some of the career options you will have ...
Individuals with their accounting services credentials often go on to work in businesses in need of accounting support. These companies can be small or large, as well as situated in a large variety of industries. Entry-level clerks in this field typically work normal business hours and full time.
The credentials you will earn ...
This is the first level of basic training offered in the Accounting series. In the Accounting Services training program, you will earn industry-recognized credentials from bookkeeping and banking organizations.
Students should also earn a state-issued learner’s permit and driver’s license upon completion of the program.
What you’ll need to start training ...
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (can be earned at all Job Corps centers)
- Completion of all introductory and career preparation courses
- Passing scores on all written and performance tests
- Meet academic (math and reading) requirements
- Compliance with state requirements that may involve a criminal background check, and completion of a training program meeting federal content requirements